Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Borrowers of Life--singing the mighty power of God...


There's not a plant or flower below
But makes Thy glories known;
And clouds arise and tempests blow
By order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee
Is ever in Thy care,
And everywhere that man can be,
Thou, God, art present there.



The presence of the Lord to us as His creatures is so clearly painted for us in this beautiful old hymn. I do want to sing the mighty power of God, when I look at this meditation. I see the plants and flowers picketting (so to speak) God's glories, in their purpose and beauty and design. I see them marching with their mission clearly etched upon leaves and stems. I see the orders of the Lord carried out in the tempests and the clouds, (certainly my favorite study). I see that we, among the creatures of God's care, offering praise and study to understand the purposes of God in the things around us. Borrowing life and rendering praise. Halleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment