Thursday, November 3, 2011

Physical Immersors and Spiritual Sprinklers!

What do we want? The Holy Spirit. When do we want Him? Now!

I find it an interesting realization of our lavished society, that the only thing that is completely spiritually cool is the slightness and chill of our spiritual experience. The more of truth that we possess, it seems, the more of complacency of spiritual experience marks our lives. I have noticed this, from my earliest exposure to Reformed truth. The crying out of the simple hearts and minds of people, who had less in terms of this world's goods, was ridiculed and mocked, by those who were blessed with much in material things.
Jesus states to John's disciples, that the poor having the gospel preached to them would be a mark of Jesus' ministry. I have sat with many poor in their seeking and pursuing every part of the experience of the spirit. I have been with many rich, who claim it a mark of ignorance that others spend time seeking "the Lord, in His Spirit". It sounds uncanny, that those who argue for the complete immersion of the body in baptism by water are happy to live with a mere sprinkling of the Spirit, in their lives; if He is in their possession at all.
I love the truth of God and I love the Spirit. I want all that the Holy Spirit has to give. I would and have immersed my body in water, in obedience to Christ and imitation of Him. I also pray for the immersion of my Spirit with the Holy Spirit and do not expect to be satisfied, until I get to glory. I do not speak in tongues, but I do tarry before the Lord, for the power and grace to see and live and to grow in His power and lifestyle. I think that to look to scripture to argue against seeking the Holy Spirit is justifying the materialism that has arrested us.
We certainly spend time and attention accumulating and utilizing our stuff, with vigor, whether or not God directs us there. We should be very careful not to ridicule those who are richer than we in spiritual things.

I fear that we are like the rich who wonder, what simple Christians do? perhaps. Lord, deliver us from our harsh judgment on those who are simpler and richer in the Spirit than we.
_____________________________________________________________
__


What do the simple folks do?

No comments:

Post a Comment