Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I do love Thy Kingdom, Lord!



A Prayer for the Restoration of the soul of New York
When I see the movie I Remember Mama, it reminds me of my heritage as coming from an imigrant background. The beauty of the immigrant soul reaching for higher and greater, is obvious in that movie. “Mama” seems to congeal all of the most wholesome aspirations of our immigrant desires. These are some thoughts and prayers for my own soul as I reach to spiritual aspirations and remember the beauty of my great grandparents longings.

I miss the buildings and the look of the NY Skyline. When they panned, the house of Uncle Chris in the last scene of his life, I imagined the buildings in NY. It was harvest time for his soul, the writer seemed to be saying. The corn was off of the stalks and the coolness of the land was upon it and family had gathered to see his soul off to Glory. Do we walk through the city as though it is a full corn maze. The ears of corn are always atop the stalks, so to speak.

I should only love the kingdom of God, on earth like I love my precious city. I love that city, because I have walked it’s fields for years and years in prayer. I have seen the days of sowing and reaping of commodities, bloom and wane and bloom. I have seen it’s bereft soul, seek and search for that which is not water and pay for that which will not satisfy. I have prayed that, as I have found personal solace in the Rock of Ages, that my city would follow me and be saved and be the redeemed upon the earth. I see her here in Ezekiel, probably by superimposing and longing. I love my city, Lord. I do love, thy kingdom, Lord, but, I confess that I have loved my city more. I long that she may be among the Church, my blessed redeemer bought, with His own precious blood.
Not unto us, not because of us, but because of Your promises to raise up and to restore and be gracious to the unthankful and undeserving.


Ezekiel 36:30 And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

Ezekiel 36:31 Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

Ezekiel 36:32 Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

Ezekiel 36:33 Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.

Ezekiel 36:34 And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.

Ezekiel 36:35 And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.

Ezekiel 36:36 Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.

Ezekiel 36:37 Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.

Ezekiel 36:38 As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment