Sunday, January 22, 2017

I command my hands to worship God!

What a song we sang at Bethel. How often I meditated on the fact that my use of faculties, lent by the Lord, are under my command to worship or not.

I have felt in command of my faculties and I have felt not in control of my faculties.  Still, while I am in control of my hands and feet and mind,  I command them to praise the Lord.  And all that is within me, the psalmist exhorts himself.   My heart and my spirit are sometimes leading in the praise and sometimes they follow out of the discipline of repetition.  He is worthy to be praised and glorified, when I am exultant and when I am saddened.Where is your faith?  the grandmother asked me in my darkest season of bereavement.  Sometimes the light is nigh gone out, as in grief and loss.

Sometimes a light surprises the Christian when prays.  It is the Lord who cometh, with healing in His wings.
Look for God to surprise you in your obeisance to His sovereignty.  Joy comes in the silence and in the tumult of obedience.   I command my sadness to praise the Lord.  God is not far behind my commitment to worship Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment