Saturday, August 2, 2014

What ingredients compose a "good conscience"?

I do ask myself that question everyday. How could you be a Christian and still struggle with sin and temptation? Exposure to the commandments? Exposure to correct doctrine? What is it?

I felt a good conscience one season only and it was the day before my whole life fell to pieces. Everything in place. The kids clothes ready for church and convictions all in place, with as many children as hands. I will do this and all will be well. Ask and it will be given to you? No, said God. Not this time.

What is it for?
Just get me home to heaven, is my prayer. I can't ask anything more than I have already asked. I need exposure to God's commands everyday to know where I can get up from crushing blows of soul and mind. His commands are so much more merciful than man's. He's good, even when my heart condemns me. He's good, when I think I'm okay. He's not under scrutiny. I am. If Jesus didn't pay all our debt to God, we are in trouble. Forever trouble. Trust and obey.

Let your conscience be your guide?

What if your conscience is wrong? God's Word better instruct your conscience to bring it to truth and then maybe it can guide you. God said it, that settles it!

No comments:

Post a Comment