Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Who has the Lord spoken more words in sequence to than Job? God’s questions. I don't know. Isn't that always our answer to God's questions? I don't know, God, please teach us Your ways.

Job 38-40 Who has the Lord spoken more words in sequence to than Job? God’s questions.

God is just and the justifier of those who come to Him. If we seek our comfort in people or earthly creature comforts, they have temporary assistance. God is Job’s Advocate and starts by establishing who it is we are vindicating. Man or God? Who are you he asks and Who am I? The details are telling.

The ordinances of Heaven? Do you know them? What is the beginning and end of all of this creation, do you know it?

Staying the bottles of Heaven? Telling them where to go and what to do, Is that your job? You are showing forth a great portion of my heart to generations, but you can’t know that. God told Job. The whirlwind and then the deciphering of creation on earth. Great and mighty things and wise and stupid things, Why, Job? We can’t even really talk about the details of these things. We could never catch up to God in holiness or in knowledge, still He condescends. I just bring them before you for observation. God’s enchanting intimacy with Job is apparent. I want you to know me. I want to know that you know me in my ways. The Lord beckons Job into deeper communion with Him. Amazing Grace. A good and consistent man suffers and is still not holy enough or smart enough to discuss the smallest things with God. How can any be saved? There must be an advocate to come.
Psalm 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him. Psalm 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment