Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughts on Job 5-7

Job 5-7 Daily Bread reading

God hears every groaning. He remembers the cries of His people, very intimately. I see that God is so intentionally acquainted with our griefs, that our tears are His portion of consideration. What a great condescension that is.

We need a mediator, was the cry of all of the Old Testament laments. We need someone to intercede with the Holy God for us. Job’s cry represents us in NT and them in OT time. This is why we need a mediator. For us to cry to, certainly. But, also, we could never know how much God cares for His creation in their distresses, were Job not allowed in the cannon of Scripture. Jesus cares. God the Father cares! The Holy Spirit cares! I know He cares, but the devil, however much he accuses us to God. He accuses God to us the more.

The scars on our Savior plead for me to the Father, but they also prove to me that God loves me and paid it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment