Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ten Thousand thousand precious gifts

When all Thy mercies, O my God,
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view,
I'm lost In wonder, love and praise.

Unnumbered comforts to my soul
Thy tender care bestowed,
Before my heart was e'er aware
From whence these comforts flowed.

When worn with sickness, oft hast Thou
With health renewed my face;
And when in sin and sorrows sunk
Revived my soul with grace.

Ten thousand thousand precious gifts
My daily thanks employ;
Nor is the least a cheerful heart
That tastes those gifts with joy.

Through ev'ry period of my life
Thy goodness I'll pursue,
And after death, in distant worlds,
The glorious theme renew.

Through all eternity to Thee
A joyful song I'll raise;
But O! eternity's too short
To utter all Thy praise!






Wonder and Love and Praise for God's precious gifts is sometimes lost in the sea of regrets. Sometimes they are lost in the sea of unforgiveness. Sometimes they are lost in the sea of guilty remembrances. My conscience and my heart is bare before the Lord. You, Lord and God are the author of my joys and peace. When my heart goes into remembrances of oughts against me, help me, Lord to forgive. When my heart remembers the pleasures of sins and longs for them inordinately, help me to fling them to You, Lord and confess and forsake. When my heart overwhelms me in my present circumstances, help me cast my cares on You; knowing that You care for me. You are the Lord of lords and the King of kings. I need not fear the overwhelming nature of the sovereignty that I feel in any realm, because You are God above it all. I submit my dominion to You and my lack, knowing that You are neither intimidated by my ability, nor impressed. You are neither embarrassed at my lack, nor dissuaded. You are God and I bow the knee and the heart to give You my love and my activities, today. Thank You, that You are no respecter of persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment