Friday, May 14, 2010

Proverbs 13 and 14


What is a Fontbonne?
Proverbs 13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, To turn one away from the snares of death
Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, To turn one away from the snares of death.

I thought that I had made a mistake this morning. I read this yesterday, I said to myself when I got to verse 27 in Proverbs 14. I do get confused with the days of the week and yesterday, I almost wore jeans to work, because I thought it was Friday. So, I went back to read yesterday's Proverb chapter, as is my habit. There it was, so similar a verse and so very dear to my heart as my Alma Mater. What is a fountain of life? What is a Fontbonne? The law of the wise, is. The fear of the Lord is. Turn us away from the snares of death.
God bless the good fountain in my soul and the souls of those who share my Alma(soul) Mater(mother). Make us true to the fear of the Lord and the law of the wise, in Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment