Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Things that I learned from Pastor Martin.II


We were a motley pair and so very different. He showed us, by example the ability to keep an equivolent distance between yourself and whoever it is you come in contact. I tease that he and Ben have no sense of personal space and that does come from being in and about a large family where there is no such thing as personal space. But, he seemed to know how to push the dashing sheep to an appropriate distance lovingly and draw the fearful sheep to a closer proximity. Ben and I were opposites in socializing. I ran like the plague from any proximity to intimacy that there could be. Ben ran into it. He told Ben, in a kind way, this is my personal interactive space and here is the line, and yet with me, he seemed to bid me to come nearer. No way! No Way! It took years to build the shepherd sheep intimacy that was allowed us as members of that local body for me. My baggage, is my excuse. He saw my baggage and slowly, like a shepherd tried to chip away at it.
That is godliness. The wicked, lay upon their beds and try to devise plans to take advantage and the godly (especially shepherds) chew the cud of the personality of the sheep and what might benefit them.
There were personal attempts to address me in my seeming shyness. There were public remarks made, not directly about me, but about controversial subjects that might spark some sort of emotional response. Where are you? He seemed to say. That is a shepherd in the introduction. Where are you and if I can see where you are teaching you how to interact with himself in an appropriate way.
Probably, many people are like that. It just seems unusual to me because I was so injured at the time.
I can see that God was doing the same thing in my soul. Speaking my language to teach me His.

No comments:

Post a Comment