Sunday, December 27, 2009

I made my very first batch of fudge for the first Christmas at Trinity.

It was a mystical trip to a far away land for us. We had traveled so far outside of our comfort zone. I really felt convicted of the Holy Spirit to give what I had to those who labored for our souls.
The Elders there had nurtured such a relationship of sheep to shepherd that you felt that you could nearly see the labors that they were doing on our behalf. It was like taking the box off of a motor. You could see the gears moving. You could pray specifically for them in their work of instructing and guiding. The work of breaking forth the Word to us was not taken for granted. We prayed at prayer meeting for God to meet with us on His Day and instruct us and to break through the human limitations of sloth and self serving to give us real benefit from the fellowship of one with another. It seemed and was tangible and a seed of faith growing in our souls. All that I could bring was my fledgling abilities to cook some fudge. It was my favorite and I gave what I could. I was blessed to receive and I gave whatever else I could.
God had given knitted hearts to brethren from other cultures and places and we were apprectiative that although we had left father and mother and sisters and brethren, God had given us of Himself and fellowship with other of like mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment