Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things that I learned from Pastor Martin!

There is a man, other than my father, whose name I call just about every day. Although we spent many days under the shepherding care of so very many men, I have recently had reason to glorify God for the specific lessons of grace and mercy through the ministry of this one. I pray that now that he is retired, I will be enabled by God to shed some light on the purposeful ministry that did much to instruct my soul.
Like a child, much of the disciplines that I had seen in Pastor Martin, at the time did not seem pleasant but burdensome, yet, in retrospect they have gleaned much in the way of edification and I do hope that the relationship of sheep to shepherd would help and guide my children to know some of the ingredients of the things that I attempt to pass along to them. These things are a posession of the soul, which no thief can steal, but it can be horded and not passed along. I cannot talk enough to tell them of the many relationships that God has used to bless my soul.

I. The Introduction of the Shepherd.
a. careful approach
b. small guidance given initially
c. waiting for a response from the sheep
d. small increments of familiarity developed
e. building a give and take relationship
f. improving communication regularly


I came to Jesus just as I was, Weary, Worn and Sad. I found in Him a resting place and He has made me glad.


Introduction of the Shepherd



A newly wed and with much baggage, but a great love for God and His Word, we became enamored with the reformed doctrines and the ministry of Trinity Baptist Church. It would have been easy for a person to just accept our fanclub like relationship and leave it there. In this day of idol making, it is easy or would have been easy to stand aloof from a real shepherding relationship with us, in leu of an easy distant tutorial, professor, student relationship. Pastor Martin didn't accept that from us. We learned about real relating shepherd to sheep...

No comments:

Post a Comment