Monday, April 30, 2018

When I come into Your presence:

I would not even presume to think that I know what humility means. I ask Your Word to search my soul, Dear God. I would not even know that I am puffed up in pride, if Your Word hadn't told me so. I cannot humble myself, Dear God because my soul is impotent to such things. I am in pride to put myself forward as an example of worship and praise. You alone are worthy of all the glory and I condemn in my own soul, even the outward expressions of such self aggrandizement as to think that I am truly humble, when I know that I am not.

I look at my hands and remember that you have said to cleanse your hands and to cleanse my heart and remember that I have no power to do so. My expressions are of imploring and exaltation that I know that although I am altogether unworthy of your attention, You promised to cleanse me, even from this day's defilements. I would not presume to take the glory from a holy God in turning my attention to myself. God cleanse my heart and my hands and my mind and make me worthy to lift them unto You in undefiled and selfless worship for Your Glory, because of the blood of Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment