Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I know that I am not worthy to Receive You Lord!

Is the doctrine of total depravity too deep a concept for child rearing?

It seems premature when you look into the eyes of your helpless newborn to suffuse yourself into the realities of what he or she really is.  But it isn’t.  You look into nutrition for this human child.  You don’t go to the pet store or the plant store for its food.  In the same way, you should be prepared for the day when he shows out in the real human way that all children do.   
“Be not forgetful to entertain strangers” is my favorite verse when I had been expecting.  Some have entertained angels unawares.   I am still sure that some, if not all of my children may still be Angels, yet I am instructed to rear them as humans even though.  
The truth about their condition in Adam will inoculate them from the shock that their sins would have incurred.  We are born with a propensity to sin, but when we sin we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

The memorization of scripture may have been poopooed as a puritanical relic from bygone eras, but many a millennial Christian has had to make use of their parental home training when negotiating the curves of real life and this has been true of every epoch of time.   Social media and the  Internet and solar powered cars do not change the real and true make up of humanity, nor that of sin.   We need a savior more than we need a new cell phone.  We need a Savior more than we need to post our updated status or Instagram this event.  We need a Savior and all of these conveniences simply enforce the intensity of that truth.

Be the one who knows the depths of truth about yourself.  I am not good on my own.  I am not worthy of the goodness Jesus spent and lavished on me.   I need his undeserved favor

No comments:

Post a Comment