Saturday, February 17, 2018

No one ever cared for me like Jesus!

What happens the day that you start trusting Christ in your pain?
It takes a long time, sometimes to start trusting Christ again after a devastating blow. Walking is very difficult and questioning in our pain. I have in awe, looked at many strong believers, who take the blows and get right back up and seem not to feel the pain. I cannot relate to that kind of rebound. I walk for months and days in complete unbelief of God, after devastation has hit. My faith is the first to jump off the boat. I don't know why. I have heard people say of others, "He is taking it well or poorly."
I have never been able to understand that question or the answers that people give to the questions. I really don't get it!
Then, after they diagnose your pain and your response they start spouting off prescriptions of scripture and diatribes of complements and reasonings that fall to the ground like a pile of rubbish. They all have the answers. They all have a reason for this pain and yet they don't feel it like I do. That makes me angry. I get on my knees and I say "Where are you, God?" Why would you have let me down in this? Where are these people getting all of this counsel from? Is their dagger supposed to heal the pain, because it isn't?
Days and months and years pass and the darkness of unbelief is almost some pillow that you never expect to end. Everyone's glances and looks seem painful, as well. You try to hide yourself from the searing pain of eye to eye contact. That is the closest the devil can take any believer to hell. He can't take your soul. It seems he has, though!Jesus cares and He has a wonderful plan even for your pain and sorrow. God is worthy of the praise, in your sorrow. He lifts you up over the clouds of the spiritual and emotional conflict as you engage in the painful discipline of opening your mouth to exalt His name, when your emotions are untoward and unable to even feel. He is using your own words to lift you over the trial to see the greater purpose in your life and in the spiritual conflict that you are engaging in. There is not always a complete answer on this side of Heaven, but there is heavenly intervention to endure. Chapter 10 of the Christian's Daily Walk has some helps and encouragements to get up and think about your Christian responsibility in your adversity and this is the link there.

No comments:

Post a Comment