Monday, February 19, 2018

Glorify Him

Psalm 50:23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
Praise and Worship opens our eyes to the spiritual dynamic in the world that we live in. Glorify the Lord and you will see the truth that protection from God is sent down daily. Bless the Lord and He will give you the new eyes to see His truth.
What is ordering your conversation aright?
That could be my meditation for the rest of my life. I would never come to the end of that correction in my soul. Ordering the conversation of my mouth is a daunting task! Thinking about what I say, before I say it. That is hard!

Choosing words that will accurately depict my message and delivering them without provocation and anger is hard, sometimes. Some people have boiled it down to a few four letter words that they never utter and yet they use Ivy League words to deteriorate and denegrate entire people groups and think that their conversation is ordered aright. I would rather be on the corner with the hoods, foully despising my existence and behavior in real penitence, than sitting on the wall repudiating people in exalted language. I have been in the company of both. If my cursing is the repudiation of my sinful state, it may be an expression of penitence. If my exalted language is an expression of my sense of superiority, I know that God is not impressed at all with me. Finding the right use of the right language for the occasion is my own quest!

God, please give me the right eyes to see my pride and vanity and the heart to confess and forsake it,
In Jesus' Strong Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment