Thursday, February 1, 2018

How can we know that our prosperity is not a block against our souls?

Revelation 3:2  Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

God is expecting mature worship from mature souls. Sometimes, we shame ourselves for our immaturity in character, with as much as God has invested in our maturity. You are acting like a child"He seems to say to Sardis in Revelation 3.

What a chilling thought that is, that God could look at your spiritual expressions and see the heart of them are not for Him. How could this have happened to my soul? Perhaps, I thought that I was doing things for God and they were really for my own pride's sake. Perhaps, I never even took thought. Possibly, it didn't matter to me, whether God was in it or not. I try to think about the people in Gad, in Jesus' day. I don't even think it mattered to them that they were harboring hard thoughts of God and that the demoniac was a symptom of their corporate condition.
Psalm 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah. Psalm 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
Jesus did to those, spiritually marginalized people, what He often has to do in our souls. He comes right to the door of our depravity. He heals the dirtiest spots and still requests entry and we invite or reject Him.
Proverbs 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; Proverbs 1:27  When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Proverbs 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
As the Gadarenes were more concerned about the loss of the pigs, than Jesus being among them; that might be our condition in our spiritual blindness. Is the loss of the possible gains of greater concern than inviting our Savior to abide with us? That is the cutoff point. Sometimes He shields us from even seeing our folly. The outworkings of our rejection of Him, might be hidden from us. That is why we have a community of faith. Church and fellowship can give us a mind to accept and serve Him. Our inborn "Cainish" jealousy can be turned to slay our unbelief, instead of our brother, by the mercy of God.
Proverbs 1:32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Dear Lord, do not allow our prosperity to kill us and our faith! In Jesus Name. amenProverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment