Wednesday, August 9, 2017

the power of pride is catastrophic sometimes.

does my pride comfort my heart or am I really in God's will?-----a link to chapter 16 of the Christian's Daily Walk

At the first, when I read this book, I felt my soul was being flagellated and there was no hope for me. In my grief, I sought to find the right way to walk with God.

That is not the time to look at your condition of soul. When your comforts have been withdrawn, is not the time to exercise the most serious self-examination. It is the time to pray for mercy to see God's goodness and not to lose all hope. It is the time to say "Help, I am drowning!" There is no escaping our undoneness in the light of the perfectness of God. I am worthy of Hell. May I never get what I deserve.

Only by the grace of the merciful Savior who spilled His blood on my behalf and on behalf of all who seek Him. I want to live Holy unto Him until I see Him. Is that possible?

God grant grace to live wholly unto Jesus and be faithful to my confession of Him, in Jesus' Name. Amen.
James 5:11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy. James 5:12 But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

No comments:

Post a Comment