Monday, August 21, 2017

On Eclipse day! "Oh Love that will not let me go"----Even when the sun goes partly covered...Am I ready to yield my flickering torch

O Light that follow'st all my way, I yield my flick'ring torch to Thee; My heart restores its borrowed ray, That in Thy sunshine's blaze its day May brighter, fairer be.
God is before and behind us! How can it be said that God follows all my way? When You are before me and when you are behind me, I am yielding my flickering torch to You! The eclipse seems to play act this spiritual truth. Here are our torches, Lord. It seems like it makes no difference, except when it is dark. My torch is committed to You! God's light is all there is. It is in subjection to, even the sun. When the sun kneels to pray to the greater light of Jesus, we must all look away. Don't look at the sun. It is getting humbled, as we all must be. Jesus is greater and still shines, even when the trusted lights are suspect in their duties. God brings and ushers in epochs and memorials to the day. We genuflect, only to Him and His purposes.
Even the sun sings Look at me Don't look, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment