Sunday, July 17, 2016

Here we go! the nurses' attitudes always seemed condescending.

They have to harden themselves because they see travail all day and every day. It is rare to have a sympathetic nurse in the delivery room.

Why did you have them, then? If ever that question seemed relevant, it is in the intensity of travail. Why, indeed? My Ethan was the first to have seen me in a drugged and painless state. It was as though I had discovered a great new thing. I am seeing the contraction and there is no pain intensifying. Halleluia and Glory to a God, who would comfort us in such a way.

That was 17 years ago, that my second earthly son was born into this world. Comfort to the body is still no comfort to the soul of the bereaved mother. Are you restored? Can you forget? Does it hurt any less? No. Still, the happiness of the joy of this young man blooming into manhood is a great and enjoyable thing. I know that God's hand is guiding his life and I see him showing his individuality and I am grateful to have gotten to know him. Thank you God for Ethan's birthday.Bless those dear nurses and doctors, Lord and my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment