Sunday, July 31, 2016

"Hear my cry, Oh Lord! Attend unto my Prayer" {thoughts from Minister Jackson's sermon today}

Ezekiel 30:19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 30:20 And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Ezekiel 30:21 Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword. Ezekiel 30:22 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand. Ezekiel 30:23 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. Ezekiel 30:24 And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.
Thank You Lord for the fruition of your commitment to turn our mourning into dancing. As we learn to love you and to put away our idolatry and live for the glory of God, it is wonderful to see you making these judgments of the Old Testaments an expression of your loving deliverance of our cultures from the sins and curses of our past idolatries. As we throw the vestiges off, you use our cries of brokenness to cries of worship and praise. You inhabit our praises to Your name and give us a glimpse of Your glory and wonder on the earth. Thank you, Lord for your commitment to give us joy in our sorrows and hope in the midst of our sorrowful spirits. We trust You to continue building Your church for Your glory and using it to fight the warfare of the spirit in our generation and sharpening the tools of our warfare for the next generation. Halleluia that you are doing new things in each season. Morning by morning, new mercies I see! Thank you for those mercies! Thank you for the opening of our eyes to the importance of praise and worship in the spiritual and emotional battles of faith. O for faith to trust You more... amen.
Psalm 61

No comments:

Post a Comment