Sunday, June 5, 2016

Is my faith "Glorious" or "Spurious"?

Christ works in us, we are well aware, but...Do we ever go to that point in self-examination, that challenges our motivations? Christ paid it all and we don't have to worry that His works will not be efficacious. But, He bids us to examine ourselves, that we be not deceived.
At least, we should look at seasons and say, did God author this season of my faith, or did I author this season. The more we know about God and truth, the more we can pen, that which looks like God has authored. Beware, my soul, that Christ is the author and finisher of your faith and not your own hand.
I imagine God handing me the book of my faith, in the judgment and it is alot shorter than I thought it would be, with many chapters deleted for having been penned by my own hand. God forbid. May my faith book be penned by Jesus' completed work and not by my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment