Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gestures of Prayer: Speak Lord, Your servant is listening!

I was blessed meditating on the faith expression on Judy Murray's head in that hat. I've been ribbed for wearing hats to some of my family functions, but at my son's wedding I do hope that I can find a hat like Judy's, "DV". I think it was a corporate maternal prayer that our ears will be open to God, when our task of maternal guidance is retired. I pray that I would be hearing from You, dear Lord! I pray that I would follow you, more for the gratitude that I have a son who followed me, to some degree. I pray that he sees me following You in this season of my life, when all within me wants to follow my own whims.

God, you promised to keep me in perfect peace. I wear my tympanic membrane for You to see that it would say, Here I am, being your child now. My motherly reflexes are submissive to You! Make me a woman who is living for Your Glory. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment