Sunday, April 12, 2015

And She shall be saved through the childbearing?

If there ever were a wonderment about such words, it is at our sons' marriage. {As I imagine the feelings of Judy Murray at the wedding of Andy and Kim, I pray with her, as if it were my Baby Ben} Can I ever survive, sharing him with her? Can I ever know why God would allow me to pour myself into a project for someone else to enjoy?

Prayer and growth and leaning on God in such a season for Him to subdue our passions of femininity is essential and helpful at such times. Give me grace dear Lord. Words cannot express my love and hope for these people, as they embark on the impossible journey of marriage. We have seen You carry our children through the mines of education and their faith is still in tact{somewhat}. God give me grace to keep my faith in tact, through this!

I don't hate her. I just feel like a lost shoe. I have to find my purpose in his life and in mine. I want to be there for them, but not too much. I want to coach him through this, but that is not my place. Shut your mouth, I say to myself and cast your burden upon the Lord. I cast my identity upon You, dear Lord. I cast my endeavors and expectations upon You. You know the reality of my labors and my idolatries that I have confessed to You. I trust You to take my efforts and my labors and use them for Your glory in their family. I trust You, God to set my feet on high with You and not to lose my trust in You for my griefs at seeing the wisking away of my established identity. I want to find my new identity in glorifying You as a faithful servant for You and the growth of Your church. Give me grace as never before, Lord, to do that. I want to be with You and I want You to be my greatest joy and hope. This is harder than I ever expected, I need Your grace and mercy to be with me in this transition of life. I love You, Lord and You are my all. Help me to show You that! in Jesus' Name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment