Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Prayer of repentance of my wicked tongue speaking in pride, in public. Jesus, please forgive me and deliver me!

What do I do when I know I made a mistake that was the fruit of my pride? I am heckled. I defend myself. I look like a pompous self-aggrandizing fool.

I pray to the Lord who sees the root of my pompous grandiose expressions. Lord, You see me. You could have struck me down to the dust at that very moment of my wicked tongue’s expression. Lord I confess and cast my soul upon You. Uphold me with Your free spirit. Do not take Your Holy Spirit from me! I need You in the depths of my soul. I thank You that Jesus paid the price for even my wicked tongue’s public expressions of self pride. I trust that it is not my wins or losses that are accounted in Your eyes. I trust that in that day my hands will be clinging to the righteousness of Christ and not my own wins or losses or defense of myself.

My head should have bowed in humility at a heckling in my glorious moments. King David, from his heart, said bid Shimeai to curse me. {paraphrase} I deserve it when I see the deepest part of my character. Maybe God will repay me good for my not defending myself in the public eye. The slave background that we come from has taught us to bow and that is the inheritance of humility that we are to embrace in God’s exaltation. Else, perhaps the root of the matter is not in us. We are not Israel. We are the ends of the earth that God has rescued us far from. Our forefathers taught us to bow in obeisance to the Greatest Power, Creator and Judge of the Earth. We deliver our speeches under His divine eye. It is only His grace that can keep us from being consumed in our own sin of self exaltation.

Acts 12 Reference God grant repentance to my soul. Don't let me stumble my soul into Hell defending my reason to be here. That is not what You meant for me in lifting me to this place. Give me grace to humble myself in my speech. Help me to see that I am undone and should have taken the opportunity to exalt You rather than myself! Help me not to despise the humble background that You have raised me from. You intended to use the lesson of humility to be expressed in our country to draw us to You. Give Grace, Dear and Forgiving Lord and Savior. Draw me back to You, Lord! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment