Monday, December 1, 2014

The joy of having one Great Shepherd! The Lord Jesus

"All are ours and we are Christ's and Christ is God's"

There are so many shepherds who are preaching God's Word in truth. This cyber-season of mediation has distanced us from so much exclusivity in our relationship with our "Under-Shepherds", I fear.

Are we in danger of despising the Word, as well as the delivery?

I really fear that may be the case in my own heart. I pray for my brethren, whose task it is to "Break the Bread of Life" to God's sheep in our consumer driven society in cyber-space. Do I really listen for my own edification? Am I committed to pray for my Pastor's soul? Am I committed to act on the Word that He preaches? Sometimes, I find that the devil uses the deluge of ability to hear any and all preachers to deceive me from acting on any one problem that God is dealing with in my soul.

My other brethren who are preachers and who have endeared themselves to me, in one way or another have their own sheep to tend to and their own souls to answer for. My pastor is my pastor and I am grateful for his labors on my behalf. He sees and knows me and deals with our congregation in the light of eternity.
THusly, I take a break for a while from other sermons to tend to my own soul in reality and apply one sermon to my soul, at a time. Multitasking is misused in my spiritual life, I must nip it in the bud.
Break Thou the Bread of Life, Dear Lord, to me, As Thou didst break the bread Beside the sea. Beyond the sacred page I seek Thee, Lord; My spirit pants for Thee, O living Word. Thou art the Bread of Life, O Lord, to me; Thy holy Word the truth That saveth me. Give me to eat and live With Thee above, Teach me to love Thy truth, For Thou art love. O send Thy Spirit, Lord, Now unto me, That He may touch my eyes, And make me see. Show me the truth concealed Within Thy Word, That in Thy Book revealed I see Thee, Lord. Bless Thou the Bread of Life To me, to me, As Thou didst bless the loaves By Galilee; Then shall all bondage cease, All fetters fall; And I shall find my peace, My All in all.

No comments:

Post a Comment