Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Jesus paid it all!

Pages 62 and 63 of the Christian's Daily Walk... When I come to these pages where my experience has been whipped by my conscience more times than I can remember and nearly swept myself out completely, applying them to myself, in deepest of griefs, I am comforted to know that this is not the reason that Christ came. He came that we might have life, not continued whelps on our souls. Jesus came into the world not to "condemn the world" but that the world through Him might be saved. We cannot save ourselves by reading or by penance or by self flagellation. Halleluia, He has taken the whip out of my hands and replaced it with His own real comforts. He bought our great salvation! The new word for me is the nurture of the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment