Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Lay up for yourselves treasures... IN Heaven?

Truly, as Gary Chapman penned, there is a treasure at the end of this road we are traveling... But there is a treasure now. The treasure of walking with Christ in this world. The treasure of making a real attempt to please the Lord, in our lives and dispositions of situations. We can only attempt to please Him. He is pleased at the attempt. He considers our frame that we are dust. All of those awful missteps and horrible thoughts that we have harbored and that grieve our hearts, who want to live for Him, won't torture us throughout eternity, in our glorified states. But what of those who have no care for pleasing Him on this earth. "We are not under the law?" Who is the fruition of the law? Jesus. He is the full embodiment of the law enfleshed and our breaking of that law is a grief to the Spirit and the Father for it displeases Him and tore the body of Our only Holy Savior. We added to His grief in our sin. This should dissuade us from our sinful passions. This should comfort us in our confession of sin that their price is paid in Christ and we have no part in that payment. He paid for "such a worm as I". I who only half-heartedly flee my sins, in this estate of life, can look forward to a time when my whole soul will live pleasing to my dear God! Help us Lord to live in the light of that day. I don't believe in purgatory, but I do believe that we do or don't lay up treasures here on earth or in heaven. The grief of knowing that I didn't have communion with the accessible Spirit of God because of my sins, is a sad one to regret.
"Lord, Give us grace, that we, like them the meek and lowly, on High may dwell with Thee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment