Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What do you want? I want to listen.

Audacious Listening for the Help of God.

Hearing from God’s Word that He is a present help in a time of need and knowing that God is a present help in a time of need are two different things aren’t they? I am holding my Bible and it tells me that Jesus loves me. But does it ring true in the trials of life? Audi tory factories help me to perceive the truth. Visual perceptors pick up the images, but sometimes there is a disconnect between the senses and the senses. Burned emotions, burned nerve endings, burned expectations and burned outworkings of things make you feel completely numb sometimes. Where are you God? You ask and you feel justified in doing so.

Faith is the evidence

Exhibit A” where is it?

It certainly isn’t in the casket, with my baby. It certainly isn’t at the grave with you, although the Holy Spirit will unexpectedly carry you above the circumstances and show You that He has a plan for this to work for your good. Jesus paid the price for your sins and you are certainly glad of that with the unbelieving rantings that pound and harass your heart in such times of blatant unbelief. Where is it?

Faith is the evidence

Exhibit B It is certainly not in my heart at such times. The heart is deceptive and desparately wicked, who can know it? God knows it. God knows your heart doesn’t believe Him. All I want is an answer, Lord, you feel like saying. Nothing for the believer to do, but hold his/her tongue and thank God for His presence. When mind is not present, and heart is not present and nerves are numb from the shock of the situation. God’s presence is the only exhibit A that you will ever have. “My heart and my flesh fails but God is the strength of my life and my portion forever.” Scripture says.

Just like the turkey grease on mom and the water on Elyse’s feet that seer the skin and make the nerves tough. Hard providences blister the soul and the heart and the mind. Drink much of the chicken soup of God’s Word. He is there. Cry upon His shoulder, when everyone looks at you as if to say, aren’t you over this yet. NOOOOO! 25 years?

Not till we get to glory will we ever understand that the AUDA”CITY” is the City that God has planted in our hearts. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment