Thursday, March 20, 2014

He Calls Our Name

“For the sake of the call”, “if we answer”

Jesus calls us to greater communion. To forsake the muck and mire of our present experiences into communion with Him; into a knowledge that our words are a small representation of His magnificence. Where are you? This question, which was a call to judgment to our first parents is a call to see the truth of what we speak about God is even more true.

Sometimes, we praise in unbelief. I know that there is always a measure of unbelief in the highest words. Are these just superlatives that I launch into the air with no reality attached? Or we close our mouths afraid to say the words for fear that our words cannot encompass the reality of whom we speak. Both are true. Is that not the case? When we afraid to speak of Him, He is worthy of such fear of our words being too small. And when we speak we are truly unable to have faith enough to overpile superlatives. David says, I will use my words to bless His name, however paultry or inept they may be. I will use my silence to bless His name, He says in other places.

A true example of seeking the heart of God was David. My unbelief will not dissuade me from praise, says David. The shame of what others will say, will not dissuade me from praise as with his wife Michael. Nor, the ineptitude of the concepts being so small to express real magnificence will not keep me from exalting His magnificence. He is worthy of the praise, loud or silent. It is always too small! His magnificence is always more!

No comments:

Post a Comment