Tuesday, March 18, 2014

This is my Father's World and to my "listening ears"?

"All nature rings and round me sings the music of the spheres"

Am I listening to the music rejoicing in Christ, my Savior? I am so often, pining my circumstances, in March, that my ears are dulled to the goodness and rejoicing creation around me.

I am in restoration season and yet the birthday and Easter muster up hard thoughts of God's goodness. Praise is necessary to keep them in check in my soul. Kind friends' reminders to walk circumspectly and to keep the disciplines in the forefront of my mind are some of God's means to harness my soul from utter despair in this hard month. God is good and a very present help in the time of trouble. When the trouble is ones own heart and mind, the remedy must be searched for. I think of old Pastor Nelson in the scene in Lloyds of London, "wipe your sister's nose, Anne." Father in Heaven has my nose in His heart and has often bid an elder sister or brother to wipe it for me.

I am so critical of old Pastor Nelson for my preference for Horatio's perspective. Not today, I know that my Heavenly Father is severe and kind and watches over His dear ones with all of their need in His mind. I think that Pastor Nelson showed me that in that movie. He was trying to hold a bunch of broken hearted children and that is not easy. Severity notwithstanding. This is my Father, in Heaven's World.

No comments:

Post a Comment