Monday, January 7, 2013

The Sin of Murmuring

It is a shame how the week or two after Christmas is the worst time of murmuring and complaining. Just last month, not even 3 full weeks ago, we were rejoicing in the beauty of the gifts of and to oneanother and here we are, looking at the specks and spots in oneanother. Shame on me. I am so very blessed with loving family and I wake up on the wrong side of the bed and I am pecking at them something awful. I miss my family and I miss NY. But, that is no excuse for jumping all over my loved ones about their flaws and foibles. Thank God for His grace and mercy with my sinful tongue. I love my family and my husband and trust God's mercy upon us. Help me Lord to express my gratitude for them, more than my disappointment in their deportment and embarrassments to me. Lord, You are the only faithful and true friend, help me to draw close to You in this very painful time. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment