Monday, January 21, 2013

"If thou art?" "If thou can'st?" "If Thou would'st"

The Lord was tempted by the devil, with ifs and thens. "If you are...then. If I am then." I think of the corrolaries and postulates that we had to memorize in High School and I think of Rudyard Kipling's if. If is a strong dare to us for good and for ill. The major life postulate and corrolary should certainly be,"If God be for us, who can be against us?" If we then be risen with Christ seek those things which are above, where Christ is? Oh how often my eyes and my heart are sunk in the mud of this life's concerns and difficulties. The thorns and thistles are choking out the word until I grab hold of the help in the true truth of life that I belong to Jesus. He will help us. He will sustain and recoup my mind, from the anxieties. He is for us. Halleluia, anyhow. Heidelberg and the catechisms are bombardments for the mind to dilute some of the tools of the enemy from totally sabotaging the soul, to the ultimate shipwreck of the soul. The help of God comes with the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies. Help us, Lord to love You and trust You, in these dark days and veil of tears. Christ is the light of that city!

No comments:

Post a Comment