Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Some situations may overcome us...

The older I get the more aware of my limitations, emotionally and socially. I get to my last nerve, alot sooner than when I was younger. Last night I misplaced some money and couldn't recuperate emotionally from the folly of it, even after the money was found. That is just a tidbit of the sensitivities of my aging infirmities. The elders, used to sing that song, We Shall Overcome. There is much to be strengthened by in that song. I imagine the "listening skies" as if God's ear is the sky above us. The faith that can give us strength to march on, forth is expressed by many of the spirituals and hailed in this season of the year. Sometimes, the scripures and the sentiment that caused our forefathers to pen many of the sentiments of overcoming illudes me. I just don't see the overcoming, in the trenches. I see the lights of explosives and the combat, but there is no light of the end of the tunnel of my conflict in sight. I feel jealous of the people who heartily express their commitment to overcoming. I feel like singing I am overcome. I am learning that Jesus is far above my emotions and John reminds me that He is even greater than my heart. He is above the principalities and powers that overtake me in the struggle and can vanquish every foe, with the "word of his power". He is exalted and no individual overcomes, truly without the corporate commitment of the "Body of Christ". God's listening skies are tuned to the cries of His children and not as they cry for their own individual needs apart from His church, but, as we are attached to the living and true expression of His life on the earth, He is glorified in allowing us to overcome, the world, the flesh, and the devil. God's church will overcome, not to the liberty of prosperity, necessarily, but to the liberty of truly expressing His will upon the earth. That is the delicate expression of the vision of what is overcoming to impress upon our children. Not our foot on the neck of our brother, but the freedom to serve our brother, in gratitude for what Christ has done and is accomplishing upon the earth through us. Thank God for a patient family and friends who love me through my unbelief. Maybe, I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment