Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seeing and Savoring the Sufficiency of Christ!

The message from Pastor Piper brought the sacrifice of Christ into perspective in my life. He discussed the reality of Christ sacrifice on behalf of my impotent soul being the fuel that empowers the sacrifices of love that I am called to exhibit. We bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the Lord. I don't feel like praising God, sometimes. I don't see with my eyes the answers to my prayers, sometimes, but I am called to focus my minds eye upon Him and that evokes worship. Pastor Piper seemed to make a parallel with the service that I am called to give in response to His care for me. I bring the sacrifice of love to my family, in imitation of my Savior and in response to the great care that He has placed upon me. I may faint in my service, at times. I may be limp and powerless in some aspects, but my exertion is empowered by the thought that I am the recipient of infinite mercy and grace and love from a perfect God and blessed beyond measure. I faint when I look at the journey. I faint when I look at my feeble efforts. I faint when I look at the hand that are attempting or at the recipients, but when I gaze at the great and infinite Savior. The perfection of His passion, the perfection of His Love and of His service, I can cook one more meal, discuss one more problem, open one more subject, for Him and not for me and not even for them. Thank you Pastor Piper for turning my eyes upon Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment