Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fred Hammond has a way of reminding me what our elders did to us.

I heard this song from Fred and I said, "Fred, Wazzup, where is the doctrine and the depth that I have come to appreciate from your songs." In my spirit, by the middle of the song, I saw the elders and the mothers of the church who taught us to "receive the Holy Spirit!" I saw the faces of sometimes bored and boring god-seeking teenagers who looked to our elders for direction and they gave us the gift of repetition. We received the message and we received the real Holy Spirit and all of the good gifts that He gives. Godly households, happy marriages, love and peace and help in the storms and all because some people gave us repetition. Doctrine is Okay, I heard Fred say in this song, but there is nothing like saying it again. I still think that Fred is the best theologian of our generation. Thank you for helpin' us to "PRAISE HIM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment