Saturday, December 24, 2011

Of Priests and Kings,
We are a royal priesthood, a peculiar people...


Christ, our prophet, priest and king, came from the glorious heavenlies to live among us and show us real and living truth. He possessed all the fullness of the Godhead, bodily. He laid them aside and paved a path to the presence of God, with His divine obedience and His divine sacrifice.
He lived, the example of holiness and the example of humility, now He lives to defend our souls against our fiercest foes: sin and death. He intercedes, He condescends to hear us and He lifts up a standard against our overwhelming enemies. He reigns in the lives of His people and promises true and unending love to His body: the church.
Now, in Christ, we possess the riches of life eternal. We are kings and priests and and royalty, divine ownership is ours of the presence of God, our worship and our fellowship. There is certainly, no more precious a possession, than a real relationship with Christ and His Church.
We own this privilege to grow up into Christ, in all things, on earth. Wisdom and stature and favor with God and man; we follow our Savior. We pray for special annointings on the special callings that we have on earth. Annointing to mother and father and serve and study and teach and rule and invest, for the glory of God. Jesus told us that greater works than His, would we do in His name. Investing in health and healing, in study and growth and peace and safety, is the calling of the Christian Church in this New Testament time. We are empowered by our Savior to do all that we are enabled to and that is before us, for His glory. We get overwhelmed by the immensity of the task. God alone is omnipotent. We are not. We are only responsible for what is before us and what we are able to do.
Dear God, I have 6 children and only 2 hands. I have clothes left to clean and laundry and other tasks to accomplish. I have questions and things to do that I have begun and not yet completed. I ask for grace and strength to prioritize properly. I ask for an annointing of grace and strength for the task of the new year. As I gaze at the baby in the manger, I remember that He was the eternal God and gave His very best to save me. I ask His forgiveness for my ineptitudes and grace to serve Him through this year with a greater sense of imitation of His help. I ask for confidence in the reality of the grace that He has promised. I ask for love for family and neighbors that He lived out for me. I ask for wisdom to discern the right priorities of time and talents. God, You promised to be with us in our duties. I ask for a real sense of Your presence, in worship and the whole week long. Like David prayed, I pray, Uphold me with Your free spirit, Do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. When I stumble, through the year and the days, give me grace to get up and to repent and walk on. Put Your hands out that I may see myself walking to You. I love You Lord! I desire to live, for Your glory.
"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I"
In Jesus' precious name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment