Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Who wants to go through childbirth? Raise your hand.

Not me. Too late :). No matter how you pray at the ninth month, looking into the dark chasm of travail, after water breaks, God never says no. There is always a level of pain. I am grateful to have participated in the birth. Now! 16 years after, the nurse looked me in the eye with a smirk. You should have thought of that before, mommy, here comes the pitosin. Agonizing 3 days of travail and mental agonies, birthed my precious ladybug, Evelyn.

God is there in the darkest hours and comes with life out of the pain. It seems that God didn't make women with the same defense mechanisms as men. When it comes to childbirth women must let go of comfort and life and health to welcome a new heart and responsibility. The serpent, in the garden took advantage and there was no human protector for her. They didn't know, in their innocence that the inheritance of the earth and life was to the holy couple and not to a lone ranger. Through redemption, we learn that God has made us heirs together of the grace of life.

Adam gave Eve her name, in the garden. "Mother of all living" Let's find life together. I remember, I had no impetus to wish good for my baby, after that pain. Father Ben went to the store and bought the joy out of the pain for this little precious one. A ladybug dress and a beautiful hat adorned our stylish baby girl. Fathers have that responsibility from God to take that which is left from the "fall" in Christ and commision it into the service of God and the family.

Travail is a curse, true. But the fruit is wonderful and delightful throughout life. I am thankful for the blessings that have come in my life through the travail.






No comments:

Post a Comment