Wednesday, October 12, 2011

God wears light as a garment.

God is fearful in His presence. He condescends to the likes of us. I love how uncles show this and fathers. I am remembering the times that I was afraid of the uncles and how they built relationships of confidence and love.

I noticed in I Remember Mama that the fear of Uncle Chris was pervasive. Adults and children cowered in his presence. It was not because he was a mean fellow, but loud and masculine and confident. Perhaps, he had no children of his own to tame his loudness, still the scene where he reaches out to the girls to share a secret and grow this relationship of comradery out of fear, endeared his character to me and to the girls in the story.

I remembered the eyes of my uncle Charles, specifically. His eyes spoke much into my soul. This is our dance, He seemed to say at a glance. I do take your hand dear uncle. He never declined to tell some secret personal story of kindergarten or his love of the sisters in my presence. I had no idea that you were really human uncle. What an endearing quality.


It must be difficult for men, as their voices change to develop a new character that is not dependent on the voice that they receive after the larynx catches up with their growth. God blesses and owns the dearness of neice to uncle and the building of that relationship is certainly a love that is real and true, if nurtured properly. I see the eyes of Uncle, when the rubber meets the road. Life coach, seeming to say, "Make lemonade". Love God and do your duty. I am grateful for God's having lent him to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment