Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Ministry of Mighty Arms?


I do remember a letter that was given to me on the day of my baby's funeral. It was from Pastor Martin. Though, there is little that is clear about that day, his letter is clear and his letter assisted me through life to appreciate the ministry of the mighty arms of men around me.
He was absent, because of some providence, but his dear wife, Marilyn held me in her arms and apologized for his absence. In the letter, he bid me to see him as hugging me there at the cemetary.
So many strong men were around to represent the mighty arms of God, that also seemed absent in my distress. I could, as it were, reason from the lesser to the greater in that sorrow. If I could imagine that Pastor Martin were there, when it was Marilyn, I could imagine that God were here, though He too felt so gone. I was comforted by that.
I do bid Godly men to use their might to represent God well on earth, and especially in grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment