Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Responsorial Psalm!

I love the African American version of the responsorial Psalm. There are certain things that they constantly assume would be the desire of the Christian. It is always so convicting to see it.
When I was a child, we were taught to be invited to participate in the responsorial Psalm. This past week, when Larry got up to sing, Praise the Lord all ye nations. I could, as it were, hear the angels make the invitation to respond, "You are now invited to participate in the responsorial Psalm." Lift Him up all peoples.
Who wouldn't want to lift up the name of Jesus, when invited so pleasantly. We can be a spectator at worship, or we can be a worshipper.
Somehow, after the Lord saved me, the people around, seemed so adept at praise and worship, that it was often tempting to be a spectator and not a worshipper. I saw that so clearly, this Sunday; how the nations are learning from the strengths of one another. I was blessed to enter into the praise and worship of God, without a verbal invitation and even, when a spectator, I have been blessed to enter in.


Why was I made to hear Thy voice and enter while there's room;
When thousands make a wretched choice and rather starve, than come.

No comments:

Post a Comment