Thursday, November 12, 2009

Prayers For the Daddies.

thinking about Kat's letter to Spencer Tracy and my daddy and Shirley Temple. What love for men is lost when we don't cherish our father's care. A prayer of repentance mostly, that I didn't use my strength to encourage my daddy's labors and cover my father's sins, as I ought to have...

The ministry of God to the daddies. Poor Spencer, Poor my Dad and my husband, the expectations are so high and the disappointments are so tangible. Are we really ministering to the "Manned of God"?
The power of masculinity that powers the world that we live in. The strength of the wind is stoked and pushes the world into the future. Holding the swords for my men, husband, father, who is gone and sons. Allowing myself to be a pure motivation and picture of the provision of God for the love of men. We all seek our own and we run from the responsibility of looking like and acting like the helper that God intends for us to be. Let me love with the doing of the dishes with affection and not cantankerous complaints. Let me love in the preparations of the meals with the affection and kindness. Let me extend forgiveness with the example of Christ before me so that when I am the blessed one to be chosen to bear the burdens of the beloved of my heart to the throne that I do it without complaint and judgementalism. Men need affection and understanding and holding as much as women. A faithful sister and a faithful friend and a faithful daughter and a faithful mother knows her beloved and loves him anyway.
The way that Shirley Temple sang to her daddy in that fictional song to her daddy, in purity and love is something that we have lost because of our perversity as a culture. Love of children to their parents and love of parents to children is perverted in sin, but redeemed in Christ to the salvation of the relationships of the family. Let us not lose another generation of men to the give up, because they are not instructed in their youth and nurtured in self control and family dynamics. God use the ministry of the Word to raise the standard of family love. Of brotherly lovingness, of maternal and filial love to reflect the intensity of the Grace of God. Let us give the men of power and strength who direct us and empower us with their wisdom and strength, the freedom to understand their limitedness and that we would encourage them and cover them with the blanket of love in their humanness. Bless the men who have led us to this point and protect the hearts and minds of the pastors and teachers,:my dear husband, Pastor Loran, Nichols, Bishop, Martin, etc. Give them strength and encouragement today for the work of leading our next generation and our generation into the future. Strengthen their hearts and minds hands and voices to propel us into what is Your will for our world. For Your glory and for the good of the Gospel in the world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment