Saturday, November 9, 2019

Their Angels?


Preparing to meet your baby and the angels that protect him or her.

I can actually remember 33 years ago, not having met the guardian angels who have become dear to me, as I watch them do their jobs so beautifully.  I delivered a baby girl first and those first words to me were better than any Christmas present that I could ever get.  My mommy and daddy came to meet her, but the feeling of her dearness coming close to me at the birth is most precious. 

I nursed too long at the first session and a month of soreness was the result.  I didn’t know how to get her off.  I wasn’t ready for the suction.  Mom said, get her off of there, you are going to be sore!  She was right!  Natural birth was delightful and great.  My attendants were adorable and attentive, but I was eager to get my new dolly home and dote on her.  

We doted and doted and rested at home and there were no interruptions to our parental bliss.  She knew that she was the center of our world and we committed her to the Lord and gave her the reality of our faith by praying with her and guiding as best we could, all these years.

The shield of faith is the best gift to give your children.  Help them see the spiritual dimension of the things that happen, if you can.  Give them a truth that is incontrovertible to hold onto and you will see the angels come and support your feeble attempts.  God is more supportive of parenting than the best parenting expert.  

I do miss my dear prayer partner and mature woman friend and daughter.  She has grown to be a spiritual guide in my life.  More than I could have even asked from God!

No comments:

Post a Comment