Saturday, November 2, 2019

Prayers for my sons!


Do we have any heat?

These weakened North Carolina spoiled children find a morning where it is 39 degrees outside going up to 59 or so a frozen tundra.   No, I will not turn on the heat in the house, yet.  This is the first frost to us.
39 is not freezing yet!  32 is freezing outside.  They are men.  But, they are men who were reared in the warm and perfect temperatures of the Carolinas.  It is truly the garden of eden here.  They don’t appreciate the perfection of such temperatures.  Autumn came for a photo opportunity to entertain the children for Halloween.  It will return to summer temperatures before long and in the meantime the natives complain and the women can pull out their carefully preserved mink coats and celebrate the momentary winter that has come.  I have learned or am learning to enjoy the daily routine of seasonal changes that come for a day or a week in stead of the few months of winter that we enjoy in the north land.

Like the lights of broadway, the seasons and the warmth shine every day for these people.  When they go out for a minute, they complain as my son did this morning.  Don’t we have any heat?  NO!  It is 69 degrees in the house and I am not about to turn the heat on for that.  It gives us something to talk about.

Men don’t ordinarily talk about recipes and shopping sprees and so I can’t find much to converse with them about.  I am not into internet games per’se.  So their lives have become somewhat an enigma to me.  Unwittingly!   They are all men and we have music as a commonality and Church.  Other than that, their lives are their own.  I thought I was a buttinsky type of a mother.  But I have awakened to my complete inability to  carry on more than a moderately dynamic conversation with these young men.  
In politics, Bernie carries their minds.  In music and life Kanye has the new curiosity.  In other things they are live and let live types of fellows.  I didn’t think that kind of man could come out of a militant woman as I am.  But they are.  That is life. 

This brisk morning has called me to clean my house and warm my heart to the reality of their lifestyle choices and pray for the invigoration of the Holy Spirit to enliven their lives and give them a sense of purpose and direction.  In Jesus’ Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment