Sunday, August 11, 2019

When You Are a Soldier!


Psalm 71:9  
Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

Psalm 71:10  
For mine enemies speak against me; and they that lay wait for my soul take counsel together,
Psalm 71:18 
Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.

Psalm 71:19
Thy righteousness also, O God, is very high, who hast done great things: O God, who is like unto thee!
How we lament the days of swiftness of body and mind, when they are gone?
We imagine the enemy who was in earlier days coming and chasing us down and we can no longer deliver ourselves, much less others.  when the legs are aching and the mind is slower our heart laments.  Like a dear friend who has passed away we lament.  Was our trust in our own strength?  Was our trust not in the Lord to enable us to overcome?  Was our trust in our swiftness of mind and body?  
If so, we are truly in a sorry state!  No! Even now our trust is in the Lord to deliver us. 
My father in law looked at me and said Do you think you are helping me?  God has put it on your heart to help me.  I didn’t understand the anger of needing help in our aging times.  I do now.   God give us the heart and mind to serve you as we age.


Proverbs 11:18 
The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness shall be a sure reward.
Proverbs 11:28
He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.

Proverbs 11:29  

He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment