Thursday, August 8, 2019

Didn't my Lord deliver Daniel and not Pharoah? Lest I forget...

So the morning began,   Halleluiah and coffee and a private appointment with the King of Glory!   I guess I wake up early because I like to feel like I am his first patient and he truly lets me feel that.  Today it was the story of a faithless idiot, who kept trying God and brought about the global warming that stoked the flames of faith in the entire godless early world.  How could one think of himself as above the God of the universe.  He was truly trained to think of himself this way and he never departed from it.  God engaged him in several armwrestlings to warn him and he never felt inferior.  That was his catechism.  The chief end of his faith was to worship self and enjoy himself.   He challenged Gods every right.  Does God have rights over us?   The whole rest of scripture shows who believed that interaction and who did not.  

I believe that encounter was for the sake of the educated world of that time.  No one who was alive could have missed the challenge.  Like a challenge of a person on a ladder of better and worse in tennis.  Everyday Pharoah called God to challenge His sovereignty and God condescended to the challenge.  May my prowess in any arena subjugate itself to the glory of God.  May my every excellence shine to the Glory of the one and only all superior and all gifted creator and redeemer.  May humility and grace point others to Christ and not the testimony of how God had to subdue my overly exalted view of self.  In science in thinking, in sports and all else may””” ,” Jesus reign wherever the sun does its successive run”.

May our catechism get rear a generation who are other centered and not self glorying!  For the sake of the Gospel and that our world may be subdued to the love of Christ!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment