Friday, September 22, 2017

Am I saved by grace through faith? Learning to look at Romans 1 with John's loving perspective as the backdrop

Romans 11John 2
I am going through Romans and there is not one of the sins mentioned there, that I am not convicted of.
What to do? Am I saved? I must put my trust in Jesus' finished work on my behalf and not on my paltry efforts. I have come to learn this after many years of questioning. I question that my behavior doesn't live up to my profession.
Not unto us, Lord...
He is changing me, I see. But how long will it take before my life adds up to my acceptance of His work. It is lifelong, I am afraid. I would not be deceived, by not even trying. But, as I try and fail, time after time, He picks me up and dusts me off and changes my behavior to the comportment of grace. My forgiveness and my attitudes are lacking, He will step in, I pray and make all grace abound unto me, I trust Him to do that...Ultimately.
Or there is no hope at all!
I must not Fret!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment