Friday, January 8, 2010

Fret not!

I used to listen in the earphones to the sounds of Paul Simon's fingers on the frets of the strings of the guitar, or Jose Feliciano. My favorite sound was the squeek of the change of the chords, especially at the end of a song the "plink", squeek is just one of my favorite sounds in the world, that human's make. It made me think about the mastery of God on our lives.



Letting God's fingers squeek on the frets of our lives. God is building the most beautiful score from the pressure that He is putting you under, Jayne.(I say to myself) I have to believe that or the squeeks of God's fingers on the circumstances of my life will result in my "fretting". DON'T FRET. Listen to the squeek and know that these situations which are tempted to create the fretfulness are the Master's pressures in my life to make the music that is going to be the story of His glory in my life. I am not the beauty nor the story, His glory is the story and the song. I am the string. Fred says, to the master player, "let me hear you spank those strings". God does more than spank the strings. God does more than put the pressure regularly to make the sound that He desires. If you are not feeling the pressure at the present time perhaps it is because you are not a part of the chord that He is playing at the moment. In time, He will get to your chord and the pressure that He places and the squeek that His fingers make on the frets are a music that we will hear through out eternity. Perhaps the rest for the people of God is God's Bose studio, allowing us to hear the symphony that He was creating through our lives. You mean, I was a part of the percussion section and that was why there was syncapation to the pressure that He was placing on my life? Maybe? Halleluia, When we get to hear our part, which is very small in the symphony of human history, He will have been shown to be, as He is, just and the justifier of those who come to God through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment