Sunday, January 24, 2016

Psalm 127 Unless the Lord Build the House...

They labor in vain that build it.
32 years of building can be swept up in a moment, if the Lord is not the builder of this family. Sometimes we forget this. "We built this city..." "I brought you into this world..."etc., etc., etc.
I love how God shows me my sins and pride. Who built this family? He asks me. Gird up your mind and think about it today.
I bring my family to you everyday, Lord. is my response. How could you ask me that? I have sacrificed my whole life to see a family devoted to God...my pride responds. I could be in politics or on the courts everyday and let my family to themselves. God says as He did to Peter...Who built this family? Do you love me?

Lord, Thy word abideth, and our footsteps slideth!
That is where my footsteps slideth. "We built this city!" Nebby's song, before his great fall into animalistic behavior and insanity. God said and warned him. You better see above the power of your own strength and read Psalm 127 again, with emphasis, this time. Who built this family/city?
The right response to that catechism question for mothers and legislators is Psalm 127.
Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it! {and don't forget the exclamation point for emphasis}
I can see the Day boys asking, doesn't mother know who built this family? no says the other brother, she will flail in animalistic anxiety, until she is able to accept the reality that her labor and travail was of no avail if God doesn't own the labor. The children will weep over the mother's lack of acceptance of God's greater vestedness in the enterprise than hers. Maybe I am the only one who has such a great maternal pride. God give me grace to be baptized in the humility of submission to providence. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Assure yourself in the greatest pinch that it is God. Obviously Gurnall's reproofs are coming through!

No comments:

Post a Comment