Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Half has not been Fancied...Each Day HE Grows much sweeter than He was the day before!

1 Kings 10:1 1 Kings 10:7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard.

Is not this the increase of the human race that woman and man can act in the original function. The challenge of proving the truths that have been discovered. Solomon may have taken the inheritance of faith and it’s outworkings in wisdom for granted. God had blessed him with his desire, to know the real outworkings of the scripture in the governing of God’s people and this spilled over into every other sphere.

So many times this is the case that woman is answerable and complement to man’s discoveries. I think of Madame Curie as one of my most admired. She held the questions in her mind that Pierre’s answers had already uncovered. She turns, as it were, the problem over in another way and tries him with hard questions and thus sharpens his perspectives.. Blessed is the man who challenges himself with many curious women and lets himself be intimidated to study by their supposed impertinence or challenge.

Women of questions, in every generation, have been despised and frowned upon for their untoward questions about things that to others are so obvious. God made us to be this way. True that this perspective, led to the fall of the race. What if? What if? What if the serpent is right? She pondered. What if this is an advancement that we are missing out on? Her husband could have reproved her thinking. But, he chose to follow her down the path that we are now upon. He didn’t take authority over her unbridled mental acumen. Here we are, fallen. Solomon’s day woman had risen again to discuss these wise things with men of God. (she had to be a queen, though, even to discuss her thoughts) From the ends of the earth she would come, because no woman would ask Solomon of these things who was of the covenant. Heresy? God subdued the risen and unsaved woman and ravished her will under the authority of the wisdom of God. I am so glad that Jesus loves, even me! HE is never taken aback by womanly expressions of unbelief. HE saves to the uttermost, all who come to God by Him.

“The half has not been fancied…” Christ is truly sweeter!

To Jesus ev'ry day I find my heart is closer drawn; He's fairer than the glory of the gold and purple dawn; He's all my fancy pictured in its fairest dreams, and more; Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before.

Refrain: The half cannot be fancied this side the golden shore, Oh, there He'll be still sweeter than He ever was before.

His glory broke upon me when I saw Him from afar; He's fairer than the lily, brighter than the morning star; He fills and satisfies my longing spirit o'er and o'er; Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before.

My heart is sometimes heavy, but He comes with sweet relief; He folds me to His bosom when I droop with blighting grief; I love the Christ who all my burdens in His body bore; Each day He grows still sweeter than He was the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment